Friday, August 18, 2006

You Will Be Heard

So I saw Doctor Mercy on for a brief moment this afternoon. (BTW, her global is one of the ones that got destroyed so you can send an offline tell to @doctor mercy, if you are so inclined.) She is still alive and well for the most part, and has been spending time on an alt in the SG F.R.O.N.T. She sang high praises of their Ventrilo service and said it made the game much more fun and brought a cohesion to the team.

So since we've been batting the idea around a bit, I did a little research. Ventrilo is a cross-platform, downloadable program, that seems to look a lot like an instant messaging program. So you install it, create a log in, don your handy dandy headset, and away you go. It's a free service. However, you need to rent a server that everyone can connect. For 25 people, it runs about $8.75 a month. For 10 people, $3.50 per month. So it's not really that expensive.

Colder says he has a voice as smooth and as sexy as Barry White's so I think I wanna hear it! LOL

Anyway, so post and let me know if you are interested. I'll get the first month if you just want to try it out to see what we think. I wonder if Cap's puns get too bad if I can just put him on mute? heh heh

3 comments:

Chaud Woman said...

Sounds good to me. But if you don't like my voice..well tough!! :)

I'd be willing to work out some system on paying for it...we could all send you some $'s or something.

Colder said...

I'd be willing to try this out...although I'm afraid everybody will want to hear my "sexy" voice now lol!!

I hear TeamSpeak is a really good as well. I'd go for whichever is cheaper. I always thought the everything was free but I guess that goes to show my ignorance when it comes to this kind of stuff :D

"Can't get enough of your love babe..."

Baba Kanoosh said...

I am in as long as I got a job lol. I agree with Colder's view I am good for either version, I have heard of Team Speak as well so either is good. Let me know and we will press on from there.