Thursday, October 05, 2006

Upgrade Now Available

Today they released the upgrade from the new boxed set. For $9.99 you will get the Tiki Lounge Gold Card, a Jump Pack, and some new costume options. So after dropping my ten bucks, I run into the game to check the stuff out. Not terribly impressed, I'm sorry to say.

The Gold Card gives you a power to teleport to the Tiki Lounge from anywhere and you can use it once every 30 minutes. Tiki Lounge is cool, but nothing going on in there. Just a room. The animation is pretty neat when you teleport, but takes an ungodly amount of time. Don't think you are going to escape from anything using it.

Costume options are very few, at least what I found. There are Justice and Sinister versions of a new shoulder option, a new boot style, a new glove style, and a new pattern in the pants option. That's just what I found. There might be more? No new hair. Boo.

The jump pack is a cross between flight and jumping. If you hit your space bar continually, you will go higher and higher. Guess it's good for you superspeeders. My first try with it I found it a bit unweildy.

The base is now shut down to our coalitions and is being revamped slightly. Please put your salvage into the storage since I need some components still. Your raid email will be going out soon. I still have to get with Rage on it.

3 comments:

Cap said...

Azr, the jumppack is actually available in Sirens Call from the merchant at the hero/villan base area. You can test it there if you like

Azrhiaz said...

Cap, I can't get a level 3 into Siren's to get it. ::sob::

Chaud Woman said...

I agree, not to impressive! There are two new costume sets that's all, though they do have two different glove & boot styles. No hair :( Nothing going on in the Tiki Lounge, hope they stick something in there though..I did see a "no entrance" door..hmmm. The jump pack stinks! Was hoping it would be a nice lowbie travel power, it is NOT like the ones in sirens! I basically moves you a little bit forward and mostly up and it's gone after 30 seconds, which doesn't get ya far!