Monday, October 09, 2006

Post-Pylon Wrap Up!


Alpha Team & The Debt Brigade

Another raid under our belt!

What more can I say? I'm really enjoying these InstaRaids and the comradre we are all building. Fun times as always. The communication between all of us was great and we were solid at backing each other up.

Vent! Vent! Vent! It is such a great tool and makes working in Unison so much easier. For those who have been raiding on a regular basis with us please consider getting it if you haven't already!

Mad props to Alpha Team as always! I think we're showcasing what a Coalition is all about and it has been a great way to meet and interact (in a violent way of course) with our brother in arms. We're both learning quite a bit from these raids and I think we could give an SG an run for their money (or IoP :) It seems to me that trying to win a raid via pylons is quite the tall order. Another huzzah and kudos to Alpha for keeping us on our toes and for being the first to take up the challenge.

Anyways, here are some details about the madness, in no particular order:

- Alpha with the sneaky placements of their pylons. I knew someone would sully the top of our generators :P

- being caught in the middle of a brawl between Brick Liberty and a fellow DBer as soon as I rez in the base. So that's where the phrase "WTF" comes from

- trying to take down Brick in Granite Form (good luck kids!!!)

- walking into Dr. Earl Grey matter-of-factly during the chaos. We both stopped, looked at each other for a beat...and then proceeded to shoot the shit out of each other

- "Wait for it....wait for it.....HE MOVED!!!!"

- walking into the midst of Alpha Team in order to get the invite from Mondaag. I think I have a phobia of gold and black now

- me secretly cursing DeepCut for getting more kills than me :P

I hope everyone had a great time...I know I did. A shout-out to Elitess who showed up for the raid but couldn't join in due a damn raid bug. Angry letter time!!! :P

I wished our favorite trubador Meg was there because I love reading his post-raid posts. Hopefully the ramblings of an ice blaster are as entertaining as those of an ice tanker :D

6 comments:

Azrhiaz said...

I am in the purple room with Miss Scarlet and the lead pipe. Has our base turned into a verion of Clue due to my ADD with color? LOL! Whatever works though! It was certainly helpful however when back up was called for!

Alpha did a hell of a job getting those pylons down. I felt bad cause it seemed really hard! But I guess our positions will be reversed soon enough and then I'll just feel bad for US! Whoever on Alpha SQUEEZED behind the generator and placed one gets total props in my book! Very sneaky!! Great find by Baba too!

Lots of great moments. Especially when Mondaag finally arrived to cries on Vent of "Mondaag in the house!" Excuse me Duchas, I have a scrapper to stomp on! Slap on a snowstorm and proceed to watch all my holds get absorbed (grrr)! Makin' Debt comes in to help and then suddenly the kill is stolen by the Elite Chain Gun! No fair! But I know that crafty clown will be back soon enough!

Running to the infirmary to grab blues, I see 46 & 2 slugging it out with Brick Liberty and Pyrecat. Tanks are tough but easily annoyed and there's no way in hell we're going to let them destroy our reclamator! I don't care if we have two or not! We smash them both into a corner and yell "Get out of the way Colder!" when he pops up in the middle of the fray and proceed to whittle away at them. Lightning storm drops their toggles and soon they are out of our hair (for the time being).

Oops! Makin' Debt needs help in the red room again! :) And I think I want to drop another couple batches of quicksand into the recessed spawn point so the Alphas are stuck like flies on flypaper! Wheee! ::sings:: You can't jump and you can't fly, you can just be stuck and die" LMAO Rage actually complimented me on this strategy! That made me happy.

I certainly had kill envy at the end, but I know I played a big role in helping keep the base secure so I won't grumble too much at Colder and Deep! hee hee

Let it be known Alpha didn't have as many controllers this time out. As both teams know, that makes a hell of a lot of difference. I still think they did a hell of a job and I am grateful they participate in this with us and I am grateful we have them as a coalition and as friends.

As mentioned in Garl's post, I am trying to set up raids with Caste of Set as well. Hopefully, they will be interested. And then we can be ASed 100 times over. Assassin Strike and possibly a MM with bubbles? Woe is me. . .

Pyrecat said...

Oh, yes, annoying the tank is such fun. Thanks for an interesting experience. The bubble plus the storm was completely frustrating. I couldn't believe I got stuck in a corner. At least I beat more of you guys then you got me. Sorry I had to leave, but my computer kept disconnecting itself, and I ended up having to spend 3 hours on the phone with Dell. Again, frustration. Anyway, thanks for the learning experience. Colder, keep it real, buddy!

Azrhiaz said...

Lumeir would be more than happy to 1 v 1 you. (no, not that way, you perv).

Azrhiaz said...

My ears actually. All that swirling mist is what I have instead of a brain. . .

Pyrecat said...

Is it any wonder a hurricane appears out of a woman. Kinda remindes me of my x-wife, now that I think of it.

Azrhiaz said...

Aww Pyrecat, welcome to the wonderful/horrible world of repel. On the very first raid we did with Alpha, you guys brought TWO bubblers with Force Bubble. I don't think anyone on my team had repel protection (invulnerable tanks I think are the only ones?) so we got pushed all over the place. As you saw for yourself, it really sucks to be on the opposing side of it (or a hurricane)! If you'd seen the stats from that raid, you would've seen how Alpha just killed us and killed us. We still won, but boy we sure used the heck out of the infirmary.

I was sorry to hear you were very frustrated in the raid Pyre. I hope you give it another chance. I've always found them to be the most fun thing I've done on CoH (and I'm not a big PvPer)

BTW, taking down a reclamator will take about 7-10 minutes. But with a tanks' low damage probably a lot longer. You only have an hour for a raid, so that cuts into your time immensely.