Sunday, April 01, 2007

/bind key team GET AWAY FROM THE SPAWN POINT

Ten of DB's Finest! Amazingman, Hell Butterfly, DeepCut, Jace 'Aracil, Azrhiaz, Lady Firma, Zandryne, Incredible Sam and Garl Darklord (Tech-Blade and Ulti-Chica had to scoot)

Congrats to everyone on another super raid! I felt a bit like a kindergarten teacher yelling at the boys to get our of the lobby so the enemy could get organized. Sheesh! It was like telling worms not to wiggle! GET OUT OF THE LOBBY! :) We had granted Dire Disciples of Chaos that room as a safe spot upon load. I think they deserved it after their initial spawn point happening in the middle of the Hallway of Death! It really isn't much fun to have 12 against 2, so i thought we could fight with honor and try to get a good battle royale going. I kinda miss the good ol' days of throwing down with Alpha Team. I think we have definitely shown we are no one to trifle with and we know our shit. Props to DDoC for participating!

It was a bit of a late start and attackers had a lot of DCs. They had a nice variety of ATs in the mix so we were all able to pick on whom we liked best. I felt like all I did was send tells and yell for the most part, but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and DDoC are very much looking forward to doing it again. Next time we will attack them. Hopefully they will have someone as bossy as me on their end! :grin: One of them even threw out a Shivan. How can we be sure that wasn't Megeara in disguise! And he told *me he was moving this weekend, yeah, right!

I look forward to going into someone else's base next time. I am anxious for the challenge and am dying to see how we fare. We will be talking strategy in the near future. I would like to schedule the rematch in the next two weeks. Please post in the comments a day you would prefer. Again, THANK YOU to each and every one of you for taking the time to attend and KICK BUTT!


Finally, here's a video of some of the new (and old) wings that will be in the game come issue 9. Burned wings are pretty cool and I fear it will be city of fairies too soon! Pretty cool!Wings and more wings

7 comments:

Chaud Woman said...

That's right people! And don't even think about shooting into the lobby!! Most of us are lucky Az couldn't smack us through the computer! :) Have to say it was an awesome raid, still a few DC's (poor Az and Chica) but all in all not bad. After DDoC had a big DC I began chatting with Vitra, very nice person, also extremely sneaky...as I was passing through the tp room I thought I saw a little orange name tag, had to do a double take...there she was hiding behind a little corner...dang sneaky. :)

I do miss Alpha, they were very formidable foes. Plus, I love hearing "let's kill Chica" over the mic. rofl

Dr. Earl Grey said...

Yup, that raid was very good, though honestly being on the defensive is the easy part, the next one will test just how good we are.

There were a couple of times I went leaping into their spawn room when I saw them bring down fellow heroes, but for the most part I'd like to think I did good. :-D

That ex-con and the stalker were doing it all wrong though, stealthing in and setting up IO's should have been their tactic, ex especially since we could hardly hit that guy.

This was fun, but dangit I need to hit 28 for Rage so that I can do some actual beating down of baddies.

Azrhiaz said...

Yes, energy aura brutes continue to surprise me! I've seen two now that have performed very well in PvP. I'm glad I have Melqar on villain side! Do you really get Rage that late in SS? He got it at like 10 or something?

Shhh! Don't tell Chica we've been plotting against her! :grin: Mondaag will get jealous!

Colder said...

Damn...I wish I could have made it. I can't have both Deep and Az racking up the kills!

Sounds like the other raiders were a cool bunch. Of course the DB wins cause that's what we do!!!

Hopefully I can make the next one...that's two in a row in missed and I can't get too raid rusty!! Plus I just have to see my name on top of the kill list!!!

Garl said...

Man oh man did I have a good time. I am glad I don't have Vent cause I was a culprit a few times for jumping into the safe zone. Although the time I got in the most trouble was their fault. I got taunted, terrorized, caltroped and a whole bunch of other icons I didn't know. A break free, and a Momment of Glory later I got to leave the area with a bunch of corpses around me. Oh yeah and Az giving me hell.. I had a really good time and am really anxious to raid someone and see just how difficult it is. I have a new found respect for Stalkers. I got 2 shotted by one. That sure got my attention. Az I don't know how you do it, keeping us all in check, organizing everything, and racking up the kills. It was pretty funny when you DC'd it was a very close thing to some of the team running in and kicking ass. Then a voice from out of the blue said "Az just sent me a tell and said for you guys to stay away from the lobby!!!" LOL. All in all a great time was had by everyone!!

Unknown said...

It was lots of fun. My imps were going crazy attacking the villains. If I was anywhere near the spawn point they would take off & seemed to ignore me when I had left the area! LOL At one point I had to go to the back of the base to get them to come back to me.

I can't wait to raid the those guys' base. That's going to be awesome.

Awesome job Az. All your efforts to organizing these events is very much appreciated.

Chaud Woman said...

LOL, Garl I was the subsitute voice of Az while she was away. :) Your right, the offensive will be much harder...though Az comes up with some very creative battle plans. /em plot