Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Test Brigade hits....floor!

Left to Right: Chaud Woman, Lumeir, Veterinarian (Baba in drag) and Dr. Earl Grey

What a night on the ol' test server! A few of us met to try and test out some bugs in the raiding system. Test Something was the second sg, set up from random people across test?? Anyway, we attacked them first. Was a breeze....okay not! Basically I tried to hit things and I was taunted and taunted and...well you get the gist! First bug was the usual lag, then Az's PFF kept turning off! We were into the raid when we suddenly noticed someone on the other team...yes NCsoft Ex-Libris was there! Let me tell ya...I might have kicked her a few too many times for the invention system...hehe So back to the raid. I was being smacked around really hard by the other sg...when someone turned on telekinesis, I went flying across the room and then out into space (darn didn't take a pic!) there I was just floating outside the base, fortunately they had a cure, I was killed and able to rez. :)



Then the other team switched to villians, since reports are that villian groups DC more than heroes, this vg was called Darque Mafia. We were a bit out numbered but Ex-Libris joined our team (here's the photo of us). It was at that point I noticed that she didn't have just one powerset, she had them all!! She did tell us later she could only access certain ones at one time...but still...whoa momma talk about a tray issue! We had brief moments of kicking bootie, followed by long stretches of death. Mainly I saw a lot of the floor, it's a nice one btw Az. The second time around there we no issues, blows that rumor! I did take the chance to throw in a little remark about how I could kill better in Carnie boots and Baba threw in a few digs about how he didn't like IO's. Later Az shot down our hopes by telling us Ex-Libris only handles the forums not dev stuff.../e grief!

Also, for some reason the stat pics I had didn't show up right, can't see a dang thing!! So if Baba could pass those on I'd appreciate it. :) And if you have a tank please level them, they were annoying as heck taunting me all over the place, we need to be just as annoying in our raids. :D Thanks Az for having me along, this was awesome fun and nice to be able to try and test the system so there are less bugs later.






6 comments:

Azrhiaz said...

Great post Chaud! Just as I knew it would be! :-P::

Yeah, what a challenge tonight was. Streaks of triumph and long bouts of agony! I somehow lost the results of the first raid. Which is sad because we'd did so much better then!! LOL

You don't know what you have 'til it's gone, so let me say that having such a great SG here on Triumph was very sorely missed tonight! We had nothing to stand between us and the beat down with only one tank on the team. I missed DB incredibly and have a heightened appreciation for what we have here on Triumph!

But all in all, for the challenge laid before us (superior numbers, hardcore PvPers, not having an "optimal" team, and being away from "home") we did well enough. I know I annoyed the bejesus out of a lot of villains on Lumeir so I guess that accounts for something. I think this bloody nose they gave us provided something to think about and will make us a better team in the end. We can't smoosh people *every time, so this was a great opportunity to learn.

We can focus on teamwork (which as PvErs that makes us formidable) and develop strategies using it. Lumeir's sandtraps worked great on those brutes. Baba's fear did the same. We can use the tools we all have in our sets against them, so long as we are all on the same page and work together.

Darque Mafia definitely had their shit together. They are a top villain group with a strong foundation in PvP AND base raids, so frankly, they *should do well. We wanted a taste of what a raid against hardcore PvPers would be like and now we know!!

Thank you to Baba, Chaud, and Earl. It was an honor to fight with you all. I'm also pleased that we were able to represent DB/Triumph in a valuable part of the testing process.

Chaud Woman said...

Awesome pics Az, thanks for adding them...an a little shot of me crying about the fire troller. :) But it does give a clue as to the craziness. Yes, not having our full SG was hard...always funner dying with friends. :)

Baba Kanoosh said...

Sorry Chaud my screenie of the first raid stats was toast too, I didnt catch it in time.

All I can say is we had only one lame taunt...my PB in lobster form. I don't slot it much (run a PB and you know the issue of slot management..too many powers not enough slots). So lesson of the raid was TANKS and BRUTES...we love you... on our team. Good time and learned some team tactics as well.

I would love to challenge the Darque crew to raid on Test so we need all our DB members to get to test! I am seriously thinking off adding taunt to my BS/Regen scrapper build (he is my uber PvP build). I can say if you want a PvP toon, the PRESENSE power set is DAH BOMB. I used it on my wife's tank (Veterinarian), a Fire/Axe tank. Fire/Axe (surprising for Axe-- very high damage pools) was not so hot, but when I stood in Lumeir's Hurricane, I just taunted and skeered villians so Chaud could CHOP EM DOWN. Problem is counter--taunting lol. So yeah, the MEAT SHIELDS are a huge hole if we don't have them. I seriously think a mind controller with fear power sets would be lethal...if we could find a way to keep the 'trollers upright lol. All kidding aside, we were an unbalanced team and still found a way to tip the scales, so the moral is the same within any group dynamic be it a military unit, a business or a just a silly comic book game...it is all about teamwork.

PS Nukes don't do squat in PvP but it was fun to watch.

Azrhiaz said...

Well unfortunately, PvP toons force you to make sacrifices in what powers you can take and what slots take priority. I never considered taking hasten on Lumeir until last night. But if you are going use a toon for raids or zones, I suppose you have to keep that in mind when you build it in the PvE process.

I have never taken anything in the Prescence pool. Then again, I play squishies and like to remain hidden as long as possible. With only one toggle on your regen, that might work. Baba = King of All Toggles. I still get a bit of a giggle thinking about when you tricked Baba Kanoosh out with like 15 toggles that one time, sorry. :)

Anyhoo, the more of the SG we can get on test the better. There will be some base raids in the event I'm working on and some great prizes in the offing. No, I can't tell you what. The nice part about test is that you can respec your build for PvP and still go back to live to the build you love. :) I respec'ed Azrhiaz1 this past week to make her more competitive over there. Was hard to give up fly and a few of my favorite powers but I bit the bullet. :grin:

Baba Kanoosh said...

Hey Baba rocked with 15 toggles. I just couldn't use any powers because they used that last 5 bits of endurance I had left.

Ya I tricked out my wife's tank on test for PvP and if she doesn't like it....poof DELETE. I may even roll a toon just for test server and make it a resident. But then again, I have a dozen alts laying around so maybe I won't...

Azrhiaz said...

Found the stats on the boards from the first raid.