Monday, April 16, 2007

Raid on Saturday/Jake Mather

Incidently, if there's anyone available Thursday evening around 6 pm Pacific and has a toon on test, we've been asked to test a new base raid patch that is supposed to help fix some raid stability issues. Another PvP committee member's group is going to be our opponent (villains). Not an all out assault raid, but just testing the issues the devs have asked us to try out.


It's time to show some villains what these heroes are made of! Raid this Saturday, April 21st! We will be attacking them this time so don't expect to walk over them as easily as we did before. Our original time was slated for 3:00 pm pacific, however, It has been changed to 5 pm.

Confirmed: Azrhiaz, Incredible Sam, Garl, Zero C, Chaud, Dark Ston., Baba, Tatankasa, Chica, violet, terramedic, Making Debt, Sword
Maybes: Deep, PK Gaff, Tech, Bunny Heal Heal, Hutokaze, Lady Firma, Amazingman,

If you are 30 and above, PLEASE make sure to go run the patrol in Warburg to get the Phase Shift power. We will be attempting to win this raid via pylons. I will place down a worktable so you can make a set. Please note: you get two. If you are interupted while placing it, the pylon will be lost. It takes approximately 30 seconds to place and you cannot be in a power that renders you "only affecting self" (PFF, invis, phase shift). If you run out of pylons return to the base via death or the entry portal and make more. We need to have 5 down at a time and they can be placed in ANY room of thier base (only one per room though).

Any questions?


On a side note, some of you may remember Jake Mather from the SG. He raided Alpha Team with us once and a few of us were wondering where he disappeared to. I am sorry to say he was shot and killed by his roommate a couple months ago. How awful!! RIP Jake. Here is a thread on the boards where you can post your condolences to his RL friend.

8 comments:

Kyllen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chaud Woman said...

I'm in! I prefer 5 as I think I can get one baby in bed by then. Tech is a maybe..he might be on the road so it's all up to having a connection or not.

Colder said...

Unfortunately, a friend of mine moved her housewarming party to that day so I'm a bust :( Some friend eh? :P

Damn...sorry to hear about Jake. I think I remember him from a raid awhile back. Just a shame and it's weird (to me anyways) that it happened to a fellow DBer.

All the best to his family, loved ones, and anyone in the SG who got to know him.

Baba Kanoosh said...

I am in but with what toon depends on what you think we need Az...

I can tank with my PB or...That's about it really. LoL No I could get my scrapper my rad/rad debuff or even Baba if needed.

Tech-Blade said...

First off, thanks for the re-invite. And depending on my work schedule I may or may not be able to join the raid, better put me in as a maybe.

CHICA said...

RE: Side note

I just wanted to say how sad it is to hear about "Jake" I vaguely remember raiding with him, but he seemed like a good guy!
Its hard to remember that there are real people behind our toons that are trying to make a difference in the world =( or simply survive it! R.I.P. Jake Mather

Unknown said...

First of all my condolences for the loss of Jake Mathers. In light of the tradegies faced in my area, it always saddens me to learn of such an awful loss.


I've got my phase shift & I've got my pylon so I'm all set for Saturday. Hope to see you all & have an awesome time.

Project XII said...

I was one of thoes people waiting for jake to log back in. I know people take breaks from these games so i didn't think it was a problom i know he was busy and was gona be going back to work possibly. I have been inactive in coh for a few months but before that me and jake played quite a bit we both played late at night often so we usaly just ran together, we where very chatty so missions did take forever but i think we both learned quite a bit from eachother, jake was with out a doubt was one if not the most fun person i ever met playing this game, i wish i could have met him in person. Jake was also the member that invited me to this sg so hes the reason iam here playing now. I have some screens of jake and some other dbers i was thinking of making a tribute, if anyone want's to help feel free to e-mail me.

R.I.P. Wade Tyler aka Jake mather
you will be missed.