Saturday, July 01, 2006

Hung Load Time on Updater?--Have Fix!


OK it took me over an hour to log on today and cost me some serious fun with Chaud and Grand. They were handing me my can in arena and the Updater hosed me out some more humiliation. So if you are having problems with the Updater getting you to the game you can bypass it. Create a new shortcut on your desktop of City of Heroes.exe (NOT the Updater). Once you have done that, go to properties of the new shortcut and you will see the file name of "C:\Program Files\City of Heroes\CityOfHeroes.exe" Now type in: -project coh at the end so it looks like this:
"C:\Program Files\City of Heroes\CityOfHeroes.exe" -project coh

and viola, you skip the updater. If you have any more questions check out the forums, I found it there after some help from Triumph Watch members.

3 comments:

Azrhiaz said...

Thanks for the help Baba! Gonna definitely do that if the updater continues to screw up. It took me about 10-15 minutes and that's way too much time away from the fun!

Is that your new stalker?

Chaud Woman said...

Thanks Baba, really helped Tech who'd been sitting on updater for over 45 mins. Oh...and Baba was tough, don't let him make you think otherwise! That stalker hide is really annoying...lol

Baba Kanoosh said...

The pic is Metoid's new mm Thug.Lord. Looks like an extra from the Sopranos. My stalker is featured in the post titled "Woot! Av and Gms fixed." Remember this shortcut skips you past updater...meaning no updates. So use it as a back up when the system is bogging down, other wise you miss update patches. Sorry I held up the TF. If you ever get invited or recevie the kheldian mission Bring Moonbow home, well think of it as Atta with lots of quants. Pack a lunch, it took us over 2 hours. I feel bad for holding you guys up so to make it up I will do a TF tonight to earn some more prestige in lieu of my absence.