Thursday, March 15, 2007

Upgrades and You

Alright all, we have close to 3 million banked on hero side. Do we want to keep saving or do we want to upgrade the existing base? If we upgrade to additional secure rooms (or bigger secure rooms) on the existing plot, they will be there if (or when) the Cathedral of Pain trial comes back online and we will not be paying any more in rent. However, one might say we have enough firepower already and to just keep it saved until we can purchase the first secure plot and worry about bigger rooms then? It's all of our money so tell me how you want to spend it. If I were to upgrade the existing base, I would most likely turn the control room into one that can house a weapon or upgrade the vault to hold more than one cannon. If you have any base suggestions (even if it doesn't involve upgrades) please speak up!

And Death Brigade. Any thoughts on where we want to go with that? Other than my continual emails to Planty Man about his um.... interesting additions, I wasn't sure if we wanted to move in the direction of raids with that one or not? So speak up.

With the advent of so many people leaving for WoW or for RL stuff (:throws shoe at all those people:) we will need to start recruiting people for the SG to keep it alive and well. So if you are playing with someone who you think might make a good addition, please invite them (even if they are already in an SG -- you all know ours is better! :smile:) A little note on ATs: we have a lot of scrappers and PBs already. And if you see a new person in the SG list, please play welcoming committee! We specifically want players who are not opposed to raiding and earning prestiege. Please make sure they are aware of our kick policy (30 days) as well. I have made a disposable toon that will be deleted and restarted at 15 or so to recruit. Chaud and I will be running in the Hollows this weekend to see who's around. I also would like to note that I don't mind dishing out influence for the first round of SOs, but most of my heroes don't have a ton of cash from running nearly exclusively in SG mode for their careers so if you are in a leadership position, please help out those who need it and don't just send them to Azrhiaz. Villainside, however, is another story! Infamy is not a problem! :lights cigarette with it:

What fun are we doing this weekend? Any ideas? I wouldn't mind doing Faathim the Kind again. Tzadi had mentioned doing Ice Minstral on villainside. We could even host a Costume Contest in Atlas if you want? Never did that before and it might be fun torturing the lowbies. :smile:

8 comments:

Baba Kanoosh said...

I need all those Faathim TFs as well as the Quarterfield one as well.

I add interesting stuff to the Death Brigade cuz I don't know what the heck I am doing. I like to learn how to be an EoD tech by walking into a mine field.

I also need many lower level stuff on my lowbies to include Manticore or Numina on 46 and 2 so I am game either way. Let me know a time for Hollows and I might try to make it on 'Roo or Bull's Eye Beetle.

Cap said...

I have no idea what I need....still working on the sfg accolade lol. Other than that, if I'm not working I'll be around somewhere

Megeara said...

*raises hand*

One vote for secure plot. If we're going to be raid capable, especially with the Items of Power, better make invaders sweat for every inch of ground.

Chaud Woman said...

I'm with Meg...I vote for whatever will make it harder for them to raid us. :)

I don't need any TF's, but I'm willing to help out. :) I'll be gone next week for four days (woot fun vacation for Chaud!!).

A CC would be cool...have us all in our sg outfits, might generate a few new players. Of course I can never choose one I like the most.

Baba Kanoosh said...

PS my vote for base improvements is just some more teleporters to some of the zones we don't have down.

Azrhiaz said...

I can put one more TP in the red room if you'd like Baba. What zones do you want it to go to?

A word on the secure plot: the only plus to having one is you can have more than one Item of Power, and you can also have up to 2 control and powers units (as in 2 turbine generators or whatever).

If we want more weapons, we will STILL need to place secure rooms (you know, the very expensive ones). So having a secure plot will not make us more difficult to raid. Frankly, a secure plot is very large and will be harder to protect should we choose to utilize all the space. Big maze-like bases would make placing pylons rather easy I would think. That's why I have blocked off large portions of some of our rooms (as an example, the red TP room could be as large as the green one but I raised walls so it wasn't).

So as far as making the base more invader unfriendly, more guns might be the way to go. I'm not exactly sure how much power we have left (guns take a lot of it) so we might just get that TP and place the plain ol' secure rooms down with no weapons in 'em yet. You know I want that Rikti Plasma Cannon anyway! :grin:

So since we need to beat the AV from Faathim in SG mode 2 more times for the Cannon, do we want to do that one? Maybe 1 pm on Saturday? We can hold a costume contest on Sunday mid afternoon as well. If everyone shows up in the SG threads, that would be great. What should the prizes be?

Chaud Woman said...

Well Az, I know little about building a base...so I trust you to spend the money wisely. :) Let me check my 50's I think I can scrounge up a mil for a CC. I say we make a limit, like toons under level 10 or 15, 500k first, 250 second, 50 for third?? Make the announcement like "The Debt Brigade # ? sg on Triumph is having a CC" so they know we're awesome like that....hehe

Baba Kanoosh said...

Faultline Eden (if we can get a TP into it) or Rikti Crash site are ones we are missing I believe. Any on the three...scratch that...Faultline or Eden would be great.

I might be able to make Saturday 1 pm. Baba needs all that mess so I will try to be there. Planty needs Ice Ministral or whatever she is called... any time for it planned? Was gonna run that during the day solo if no one wanted to (just to see if I could) but would rather team with me chums. Happy St Patties Day..kiss me I am Irish ya know you Blarney!