Wednesday, June 13, 2007

PvPEC I Got People - Sat 6/23

Alright all you PvPers, I have to say it: I’ve had enough. I’m tired of chasing you all over the zones cause I can never catch up. I’m tired of all the zipping and jumping that makes me dizzy. I’m sick of getting hit upside the head with a range-boosted fireball when I think I’ve made a clean escape. I’m tired of hitting that emp dead-on with a snipe only to see “Unaffected” over her head. I’m sick of being web-naded from my safe spot in the sky, and weary of throwing up last night's meatloaf when I swoop in to nuke a mastermind. I’m tired of tiptoeing into the zone for a badge for an accolade and getting stomped by a big, mean scrapper. Tired of being held, slept, irradiated, slowed, ASed, and I’m so over that hospital. OVER IT! So your time has come and ya wanna know why? Cause I got people.

Yeah, that’s right. You heard me. I got people.

From my travels all over Paragon and the Rogue Isles, I’ve accrued quite a bunch of favors to be called in. So you better watch your back. I’m calling in all those favors and making sure those that fear me best play along and do what I say. To me they will rally and you, my friend, are going down. Hard.

The PvPEC presents “I GOT PEOPLE”
Gladiator Event
Saturday, June 23rd at 5 pm PST/8 pm EST
Pocket D Monkey Bar Arena Kiosks


Come one, come all, PvErs, casual PvPers, badgers, and PvP people! It’s time to level the field! You wanted an event where you could all compete and have a good time and this is it! Get out your Cogs and Button Man Gunners and come on down!

This arena event is open to all levels, heroes and villains alike. We will be running this 1 v 1 unless there is a massive turnout in which case we will do groups of 4 free for alls. Events will be run at the level of the lowest level participant. For example, if you are a 50 paired with a 30, you will run the event at welterweight (27-31). We will run this until there is only one contestant remaining. You are welcome to change your gladiators in-between events.

Prizes! For the first five people to RSVP to this event (and actually show up and participate) you will be the proud recipient of a COH bumper sticker! The last two finalists will win a fine array of really cool COX swag, courtesy of NcSoft and the community coordinators! The grand prize for first place is a time card for 60 days of free game time, courtesy of yours truly. However, the tournament winner will have to face my mastermind, Azrharn's gladiators for a final championship round to get it!

RSVPs definitely preferred, here in this thread or to @azrhiaz. Signups will also be taken in the hour prior to the event. The rules and arena/gladiator how-to’s will be given at the start time, though if you have never done a gladiator event you are welcome to ask for more information in this thread.

Please spread the word.

PS: All DB and friends can sign up here as well. :)

2 comments:

Baba Kanoosh said...

Az and I squared off in Glad matches once or twice. All I can saw was I was the freakin MAN in Glad matches, until I faced her team set. My Crey Tanks and Calibans had no one, I mean no ONE who could come close to them. Then along comes Ms Smarty Pants Az and her Doom Patrol and I was left slumped in the corner, bandaging my wounded warriors. So watch yourselves kiddies, she ain't no foo'. Az when is NCSoft gonna hire you? You set up better events then they do.

I, on the other hand, most likely won't make it. My retirement life has sadly come to end (for now) and my new job has popped up on the screen (finally). So I am moving to Maryland/Virginia/Commuter Hell, stressing over whether Makin' Debt, aka Mrs Kanoosh, will score a job in time, and the finding some new digs. The event comes on the heels of my move.

Within the next week I would like to do a LONG promised TF with our dear leader, Ms Azrhiaz. I will post the invite separate from here.

Azrhiaz said...

Well that's what you get for looking for a new job! Congratulations btw!! Wow and a move and everything! Now THAT'S the start of a new life!!

Me, personally? I'd stay retired! :grin:

Yep, Azrharn's got some muscle. If you had the archmage, you *might stand a chance, Hero. :)