Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Eighteen, what a magical number!

Britney Blades takes on Dr. Vahzilok

NEWFLASH! An extra bonus of prestige was accidently awarded to live servers again today! Woot! We just got an EXTRA three million!!

First off a big congratulations to everyone! The SG Registrar tells me that after the prestige boost, Debt Brigade is #18 in the top 100 prestige earners. Great job to all! Please feel free to use this information to recruit new people (especially those who want to base raid!) The base padders will be removed this week. Captains still have the authority to kick them as needed!

I am very excited to tell you the base is being remodelled and once we hit the 750 PvP kills, we will be sitting VERY pretty! Baba and Mrs K were kind enough to come over and test some new weaponry yesterday. The Rikti Plasma cannon is nice, but its energy usage might be a bit steep since it's recharge is very slow. The repel field *might be useful, but color me disappointed it did not work at all like the force bubble does.

Hopefully our next raid will be nothing like the last one. Suffice it to say, it was a disaster. I thank Garl, Colder and Baba for coming out and trying vainly to protect our stuff. We just didn't have the numbers we normally do so we were outgunned big time. New raid will be scheduled in January! After the holidays!

The Jade Spider

Have you tried it? The new TF? If not, you're going to! This weekend! Saturday at 5pm pacific/8pm eastern! Cap, Deep, Violet and I tried our hand at it and we need reinforcements! So get out your heaviest hitters cause this one is a doozy!

6 comments:

Ebon Mauler said...

Quick spend that extra prestige :).

Hopefully i'll be back in action this weekend as my new comp will be ready at the latest this firday.

Azrhiaz said...

Well, it will give us a nice headstart on the secure plot again. The next size generator will cost about 7.5 million so will have about 6 left over once we get it.

Garl said...

Man, Prestige is sure tough to come by, even with the huge give away they just did. I was happy to help in the raid. I try to make every one as best I can. We sure got our asses handed to us though. Pretty tough 9 against 6. Excuse me for being ignorant, but my god what makes dominators so good PvP? I got owned a couple of times. I have to say I am really disappointed with Invisibility in PvP. Hopefully we will have a better showing in the next raid. We have a rep to maintain. I think as well that we need a little bit of strategy before hand. Did using Vent help for those of you that used it? I have used Teamspeak sometimes, but the delay was really annoying. I can't make the TF this weekend. Tis the season for Christmas Parties I guess. What level is the new TF? I can help during the day sometimes if someone wants to help me get the PvP kills. With a full slot of wakes you can get a lot off fairly quickly. I have several squishy toons that can be pounded on quite easily, so the raids dictate anyways. Actually, that would make my scrapper squishy too by all indications....

Azrhiaz said...

Dominators are able to get perma-dominance with IOs. These holds are unresistable (to my knowledge) while at the same time, they cannot be mezzed (held, stunned, etc). With the change to defiance, a blaster *might have a chance now, but doms can cut through most defenses.

The most successful of PvP teams is in that they understand what each person/AT brings to the table, they buildtheir teams accordingly, and they function as a UNIT. The casual PvPer focuses too much on the kill and not performing their ATs role. If you are an emp, you should focus on healing, CMing, Forting the killers on your team. If you are a tank, you focus on keeping aggro. If you are a blaster, you kill. If you debuff or hold, you need to focus on that and support the team by knowing who/what to concentrate on. Kins should drain end off key opponents, rads should debuff the biggest threat, and storms should touch everyone with hurricane that they possibly can.

So my suggestion is if you want to raid with a toon, build it *for raids as best you can. Know your function in the role of the team. And with practice, all of us will rock the house. :)

So for example, when Baba on his stone was being smashed into pebbles, the focus of the emp (you) should have been on keeping him standing since he was the only one able to keep their attention and get though the force bubble. The focus of the damage toons should have been to spike the doms (spike = all attacks on Mr. Dominator NOW) Vent will most definitely help with this. I will get one set up again if everyone commits to getting on it, even if it's just to listen in.

I'd also suggest looking for new recruits that aren't scrappers and to want to raid.

Baba Kanoosh said...

Az what lvl is the TF?

Azrhiaz said...

It's 45-50 I believe. We all did it on 50s so I can't say for sure.