Sunday, December 03, 2006

Fun with Adobe


My daughter has a Wacom tablet, which is a graphic artists' tool for use with photo editing programs such as Adobe Photoshop. She has been showing me some of the capabilities and I wanted to tinker around. That coupled with the fact I needed to test the scanner of our new printer, I decided to draw a real quick sketch of Colder. Then I added some effects, and for fun threw in a cut out of an actual screenshot of a CoT mage, added even more effects, and well here it is. Lots of fun and if I had time and training, a potentially amazing cool for things to come. I will make a serious effort to do another drawing, probably just a pencil sketch--I was thinking of hooking up the leader in all the mayhem we go through--and sometimes cause. I recently found the art of Alex Ross (look him up you comic book nerds you know you want to :-), and was inspired by his amazing style. So maybe a portrait of Az in his stylings? We shall see.

2 comments:

Colder said...

There it is! Ever since you told me that you drew a pic of me I couldn't wait to see it! Very nice Baba...the "cold" effects are sweet to say the least!

I don't need to look up Alex Ross...the man is simply amazing. Easily one of the best comic artists out there today.

I hope he reads this and does a sketch of me :P

Azrhiaz said...

Awesome job Baba! Coldie must be very honored! :)