Thursday, February 21, 2008

Raid Team Q&A

Howdy all.

Lets get the ball rolling on the issue of PvP builds with what our team should consist of.

Got Vent? If not get it. Talking to one another instead of typing will increase our potential dramatically. Az has listed the server info in another post below. You can ask a number of people (me included) for the password online.

A great big thanks to everyone who showed up for the RoA raid. It only proved to me more that with the right combination of ATs and solid builds that we can be unstoppable. The enemy we faced was totally prepared And is ranked #2 on the SG pretige list. We lost yes but with random ATs and very little IO'd. Their victory was not handed to them. It took them over 55 minutes out of an hour to beat us. A damn good job considering.

4 comments:

Ebon Mauler said...

At the risk of sounding like a self interest lobyist. I would like to see a sonic resonance build of some kind for the team as this helps me more than even an empath, has a "cage" power, and has the best damage resistance debuff in the game.

Your thoughts anyone?

Azrhiaz said...

Sonic is great with its resistance. I'd probably be more likely to go with the defender version since the debuffs are stronger and you can get Aim for the cage.

I think a storm team is the way to go. That's what Freaks of Legends brought when they won they PvPEC Base Raid tourney last summer. And those illusion/storms were a real pain! ROA seemed to have brought only 2 blasters and the rest debuffage. I think we can probably take a page from their book.

I'm not convinced anyone needs IOs to be successful in a raid. It is certainly *very helpful and if you play the game and are devoted enough to do it, but on many of our team, it might not be practical.

Ebon Mauler said...

A storm team is obviously tough but that just makes me want to find a way to beat them with a new mix. Can nothing else work? It's just hard for me to join the flavor of the month.

Nothing here is mandatory. Fun is what games are for. That being said IO sets are the wave of the future. May as well get started with it now. Ebon is probably twice the tank he was before with them. I will help anyone who is interested in IO sets for their raid toon. Just talk to me online.

Baba Kanoosh said...

Ebon, my FF bubbler is coming along nicely. All my $$$ goes to him so when he dings 47, I begin shopping in earnest. I will offer many of the same buffs a sonic does. If you want to try a test run, he is close to rdy for playing PvP now. Full speed ahead when I get lvl 35.