Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Independence and the end of the Reserve

NCSoft acquires full COH rights from Cryptic

NCsoft® Corp, the world’s leading developer and publisher of online computer games, today announced the formation of a new development studio in Mountain View, California. The announcement comes as the company begins a renewed push to further develop the City of Heroes® property, which is now 100 percent owned by NCsoft. Previous to today, ownership of the intellectual property was split between NCsoft and Cryptic Studios, the original developer of the project.

This means lots of good stuff for us players and a team that is devoted exclusively to us. Statesman (Jack Emmerit) will no longer be part of that team. I'm hoping they kill his character off! :)

With the advent of issue 11 and the supergroup settings going up to 150 members, I feel it is no longer useful to have the Debt Brigade Reserve, unless it's for absent players to park their toons. Since we will be getting a 20k prestige bonus for every member shortly after 11 hits, it will pay for us to have all our alts in the main SG. This does not mean you can let them languish however, so please keep them logged in at least once every 30 days. Colder, Garl, this means you!

What are we doing this weekend? A Mothership Raid perhaps?

3 comments:

Garl said...

Me?? I keep all my toons current. Those that I remember I have anyways....

Ebon Mauler said...

I don't know about good for us. I heard that Cryptic is heading the marvel project, which will most likely take even more people away from CoH. Not to be a downer just a realist.

I'm down for a mothership raid. Ebon's ego needs to be taken down a rung or two XD. Would like to see an emp defender on the team

Baba Kanoosh said...

Say when and I will be there with someone (probably Planty).