Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I can smell Victory...

...Now I want to taste it

Earlier this week a collection of our Coalitions finest put forth another go at Lord Recluse and his flunkies.

Mobs of Arachnos? No problem for a team of 8 heroes. We need more of a challenge.

Lord Recluse running to smash some heroes...I think we have a cure for that.

Curse you, Lord Recluse! He personally dropped me around 20 times I think. I shudder to consider the debt a toon below 50 would incur trying this TF.

The glowing recipient of all our love, Ghost Widow. Her AoE regen limits you from melee...the team I ran with last night had no blasters, ugh. Our stone tank held her aggro while we chipped away, anytime I managed a hold, the scrappers ran in for all damage they could muster. With our blaster support we had a much easier go at it.

A major nemesis...and it ain't Black Scorpion

This ugly boat kept coming back to pester and insure we feel short time and time again.

OK folks, I have done this TF like close to 10 times now, most of it on test. Never won it. But I come back for more, why? Fun. And a major dose of pride. Ran the STF again last night, with a earth/stone tank, a invul/SS tank, 3 scraps, a kin def, a dark/empath def, and myself. We managed to get as far as Lord Recluse. Our other empath ran out of time and that may have been the deciding factor. The Kinetic and the Stone tank managed to aggro LR for up to
5 minutes at a shot. We got the tower down to 1/4 then the flyer came by wiped us and the repairmen got it full in mere seconds. The lower it gets the faster and higher numbers the repairmen spawn. They repair it in about 3-5 SECONDS, so taking them out is HUGE.
The flyer was pointless to take out with our team...No Blasters = major pain to defeat it. I really liked this team set, but we needed Blasters bad. If we had some AoEs for the tower, I think we would have dropped it. Our team vowed to log off then try again today, hopefully everyone makes it.

I want to try again this weekend with our Coalition buddies, I forgot the times we talked about, Az do you remember?

Load up on Shivs and Nukes, they do make a difference. Save the shivs until last, they proved invaluable in tackling the tower.

4 comments:

Azrhiaz said...

Oh boo! You didn't make it again! I was hoping to come here and read a victory story. I guess we can do it same time, same day as last week. Sunday at 3 pm.

Earl mentioned doing it too. So I'll also hook up with him and Duchas at some point. Azrhiaz needs some badges too!

Got some great pics btw.

Garl said...

I am gonna try and make it on Sunday, but no guarantees. I ahve a question though Baba... What are the things in the top right hand corner of your screen? I bet they are some special extra xp making engines you have running in the background. I always find it interesting how other people have their setups and screen perspectives. But I am curious what the little dood dads are.

Baba Kanoosh said...

IT is called Herostats...it is a very nifty program that runs in backgorund while you play collecting data on just about everything you have. Two versions stable and unstable (beta), I run the unstable with no problems at all. If you are a badge fiend, it collects the data and sends it to some of the badge sites such as badge hunter. Google Herostats unstable to find it. Oh yeah, unlike anything at Wentworths, Herostats is free.

Chaud Woman said...

Darn! Was hoping to see a nice story of whomping on the baddies. I'm game to try it again, though I feel a bit useless as a scrapper with GW. :( I don't mind bringing Chynna too if we need her.