Thursday, October 30, 2008

We were robbed

So the costume contest finalists are finally listed several days late and man what stinkers. The crowd of hopefuls was quite upset at the lame selections and I think the response is gonna make it even worse:

Hey gang,

Sorry you don't feel the finalists were up to snuff. I think they all have great qualities on the aspects we were judging on. Honestly, we bit off more than we should have with this contest. With the low barrier to entry we were swamped with entries to judge - anyone can snap screenshots of their character afterall. We probably could have taken three times as long with the judging and still not done them all justice.

This came at a time when we have a lot going on in the Community Team (Hero-Con, Closed Beta and Forum Migration to name a few) and the contest just hasn't been in a position to receive the bandwidth that it probably deserved.

Ultimately, we'll push ahead with what we have and aim for better planning for the future. Thanks in advance for y
our understanding.

--------------------
Lighthouse
Community Relations Manager

So all I have to say is:




4 comments:

Azrhiaz said...

Yeah, I too was a bit perplexed at some of their picks. It sounds like they shuffled through the first 100 entries and threw them up there.

Ah well, I'm sure the new video card wouldn't have been compatible with my computer anyway! LOL

Baba Kanoosh said...

Yeah I was already aware that it was Grand Prize or bust with my comps lol. But the reply by LH perplexed me, it was the absolute WORST thing to say. I posted a comment bout it on the thread and his reply was even worse. Basically said they didn't want to put forth effort on things like this. With $5000 of prizes, I am sure the sponsor loved that. Sad, it was fun and it has turned real nasty, the winners getting PM'd with hate mail etc. NCSoft sure ain't Cuppajoe and Cryptic. I saw Cryptic is gonna take on the DC Comics effort for a MMO.

Lets set up an event, TF, raid, something. Been awhile.

Azrhiaz said...

Yeah, they shouldn't run contests if they don't feel like judging them.

I can probably run a TF today sometime. I'll log in and see who's around.

Megeara said...

Hmmm. Someone in the home office is trying to work without sufficient coffee again.

That had to be one of the worst PR fumbles I've seen in a while.

Meg