Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers...

Well Shakespeare may have had a bad lawyer day when he went down that road, and I feel his pain. I was trying to organize a charity event in game for some organizations that support wounded troops coming home. To sum up my efforts I will post my email to Ex Libris, who was helping me in this effort:

Subject: Re: Charity Event for Troops

Well Ex I finally got answers from both charities. They do not wish to have their organizations name, links, or calls for support posted on the game as they feel they would be endorsing this company or its products. In the end it is all typical excuses from lawyers to run away out of fear of potential legal issues. So, my effort to help raise funds for their worthy cause will be a no go. If I wanted to organize an event, say such as a walk-a-thon or a charity run where people pay to participate and the money then goes to them then that is ok. However, if I go online using NCSoft's game to do so (ask for support), well now we have the lawyers involved, or at least on their end. Oh well, this world bothers me to no end at times. Politicians and Lawyers will run us into the ground. Oh well, I tried. Thank you for giving me direction in the effort.

Baba


So as far as I am concerned, this countries common sense meter is pegged out on "DUH." What can you do. Well see you at the polls in November until then, I need to move my family up so I will be on and off for the next week or two.

2 comments:

Azrhiaz said...

I am very sorry to hear that this did not work out Baba. I thought it was a great attempt at using a medium to work wonderful things for all parties involved. It's too bad of the red tape. :(

Best of luck with your move. Keep all those Kanooshes safe!

Chaud Woman said...

I'm sorry Baba, it was an awesome idea! Hope your move is easy and safe!