Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Blog-a-riffic

Hey gang!

I wanted to check in and say hi. I haven't been able to log on the last few weeks due to work, illness, and everything else under the sun. I just wanted the gang to know that I didn't go over to the WoW side or disappeared into the 4th dimension.

Having read Az's recent post about running into Impersonator, the Elvis-wannabe scrapper who inspired our blog's very first post, I've been thinking that it's been about 2 years since this blog began and a little longer since the Debt Brigade first came to be.

I'm looking to open up the disscussion floor: what does everyone like about the blog? What would everyone like to see added? How about the SG in general? How is everyone liking there experience so far? Is there anything Grand Pooh Bah's or senior members do to make things better? Here's a fun one: who recruited you to the group and in what circumstances?

A lot of question but feel free to chime in on any of them. It's been about 2 years for the blog so it would be nice to have a retrospective/prospective look of things to come.

Personally, I think the blog has been great in fostering teamwork and a sense of community among our small but tight-knit group. We also got the chance to get see how we are behind the capes and masks which is always nice.

Anyhoo, sorry if I'm getting all sentimental but I guess that's what happens when you don't play for a few weeks ;P

Hope to see you everyone this weekend (away for the week for work) and for the upcoming Issue 12. We got some Roman-theme jerks to beat up soon!

Oh, some fair warning: I'm going to be harassing a lot of you to help me lvl my Mastermind to 50! I want to try the VEAT's!!! :P

4 comments:

Garl said...

Good post Coldie. I have been playing for a long time now I think Issue 2 or 3. Myself and Ebon headed up the now defunct Dark Justice Legion. I met Azzie, which for me was a terribly embarassing situation in itself. Amazing what can happen when you send a tell to the wrong person... Ebon and myself always had fun teaming with the DBers and decided to pack in the Dark Justice Legion and move over all our alts to the DB. Ever since then it has been nothing but good times and fun. The whole experience has been great. All good people here. So I guess you could say that Azzie recruited us.

What else to look for out of the blog? I dunno... The SG is pretty much about as good as it can be I think. I think that the only thing I think I could hope for is people being a little more proactive in having SG members on the same team. If I see a SG member online I try to get them on my team if I can. If a sk is needed so be it!

I miss y'all lot cause I just don't have as much time to play, but I sure enjoy it when I do. Again, you guys are GREAT!

Azrhiaz said...

Colder, that's a lot of PLing we're gonna have to do to get your MM to 50! LOL Baba is over there frequently, maybe you can hook up with him and the Death Brigade crew. We also have coalitions with DDOC and Bandit's also who I'm sure would love to see ya!

I, like Garl, try to get SG members on my team whenever possible. As a group, I'd love to expand our roster of active players.

I'm also considering opening up a leadership role. Baba is running Death Brigade, Colder is not on much, and Chaud is gone. Any thoughts on that?

I'd also like you all to keep your alts logged in!! :) But seriously, it looks bad to new members to have a group with toons that aren't played, IMO.

Overall, we have great people and that's what's important. I'm proud to be 18th on the server and to be a part of this group.

(Heh heh, I remember that tell Garl. LMAO)

Colder said...

Ok...you gotta tell us what the "tell" was :P

I'm open to having another leader. We haven't heard from Chaud in a long time, Lost Senpai is...well...lost..and I've been kinda scarce (although I should be on more soon...I still get the Grand Pooh Bah discounts right? :)

Ebon Mauler said...

Having a blog as a resource makes a big difference. So thanks for that.

I have not meet a DBer that I would not want to team with (yes even Garl). Not to mention some of the quality people from our coalitions. The fun loving character of the people in our group is what keeps me coming back.

Az being such a work horse on the blog, our base, and being part of the pvpec deserves a huge pat on the back for all her efforts.

Very little could be improved on here I think. Most of the time I team with DBers but more effort from everyone to include other members that are online wouldn't hurt. Although I think this happens a lot already.

Lastly we are lucky to have the kind of leaders we have. Colder posting this topic is proof that our leaders care what everyone thinks.