Thursday, November 06, 2008

Lucky 13

Or "Not Quite So Lucky As The Devs Might Have Thought..."

Well, I13 Open Beta has descended like a bolt from on high. And just about blew the boards in half.

I'd link the forums but my code-fu is actually pretty weak.

Highlights include:

The merit system replacing recipe drops for Task and Strikeforces. They would also scale per the supposed time invested in the endeavor. I. E. no more speedy Katies or 10 minute Eden Trials.

The PvP mechanics have been completely overhauled. The jury is still fighting over the result. The definition of good or bad seems to be related to how much PvP-ing you actually do. I'd really like to hear Da Boss's take on it.

A lot of streamlineing is taking place. Badges can be sorted now by a number of topics. Oh, and masterminds can buff an entire load of minions with only two hits. That and the Pain Domination powerset almost makes me want to try another MM.

Almost.

Thoughts?

Meg

3 comments:

Azrhiaz said...

Well put it this way, we are closing down the doors of the PvPEC since we no longer have an audience. The new system will be better off with a player group who supports and enjoys the changes.

I PvPed on a test a few times and hated the new system. It's essentially turned into a slap fight. Travel suppression kicks in at every step, your powers decay in effectiveness the more you use them and the more you team up. Empathy defenders are tearing apart blasters and fortunatas and MM and controllers are ruling the roost.

Some might enjoy the changes. If you like to solo, it'll be perfect for you. Most toons will find they perform "better" but you will have to invest a considerable amount of time in relearning your powers.

By the way, when 13 hits, base raids will be disabled. Maybe we should get a final one in?

Azrhiaz said...

Oh in case I wasn't clear, I don't like it at all.

Baba Kanoosh said...

WOO HOO BABA IS BACK! CRUSH FTW!!!!
-1
-1
-1
-1
-1
-1
-1
MAN I AM PWNING
-1
-1
-1...